|Crim Furniture and Hardware met the needs of Rusk County families by building caskets and providing an ambulance service in 1914 in the back of the Burton-Crim Hardware and Furniture Store. In 1925, Mr. Crim opened his first "funeral parlor" at 115 North Marshall and in 1934 built a new structure at 113 South Marshall. At that time, funeral homes also provided ambulance services and the ambulances were kept behind the residence of Mr. and Mrs. Crim at 320 East Main.
In the 1950s, Mr. and Mrs. A. Crim sold the business to Mr. and Mrs. Billy Crawford. In 1968, the Crawford's built the current facility at 1414 South Main.
Billy Crawford and his wife, Betty Roy Crawford, served the Henderson and Rusk County Community side by side for over 35 years. The kindhearted nature of these two people along with their staff helped approximately 6000 Rusk County families through very difficult times for many years; each person was treated as if they were a family member and loved one.
In 2003, Crawford-A.Crim merged with Bryan Funeral Home and became Crawford-Crim-Bryan Funeral Home.
In May 2009, Billy Crawford's sons, Gary and Scott Crawford, and Pat Murphy bought Crawford-A. Crim Funeral Home. The commitment is as strong today as with the founders: treating families with compassion, dignity and respect. Taking care of families is as important today as it was a century ago.